Friday, November 29, 2013

End of the month review


After a wonderful Thanksgiving, its time to review my goals for November.
Mostly, I just wanted to reign in my grocery budget and I did better than last month.
Last month I spent over $1500 for groceries and eating out.
This month, (even though I have 1 more day to go), I made it closer to $1000.
I say that is a great step toward my $600 goal.  
I am trying hard to stop eating out.  I have to admit that I ate out more than I should have.
But, less than before.  
Many days we would just keep driving and I would come home and cook.
Even if it was at 9 pm at night.

Another goal I had was trying to get moving and exercise some.  
Did not happen.  I need to get healthier and fit but I am too lazy and busy to do it.
I know, excuses excuses.  

I also stopped volunteering at our homeschool bookstore, because now I get paid for the day I volunteer.
That's a little bit extra income coming into the home.  I think I will use it for my miscellaneous budget.

Another goal I have is to pay off my cars in 2 1/2 years.  
The van has about 13 months left on the note and I am paying extra on each payment.
If I continue I might shave off about 4 months.  After I pay that off I am adding extra to the second car.

Looking forward to December I know that I will have some budget busters like 
Christmas
Basketball fees
I know Dave Ramsey would say that Christmas happens at the same time every year.  
But since we are just starting our financial journey I didn't quite plan for Christmas.

I will be posting my goals for December soon.
I am not going overboard.  Just a few goals in each area.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I am grateful for my hubby, who works so hard for us.
I am thankful for my children who are healthy and strong.
I am thankful for the strength that Heavenly Father gives me to care for my family.
I know I couldn't do it without His loving care.




No comments:

Post a Comment