Saturday, January 18, 2014

What are we reading?

I have been trying to read to the kids regularly as part of my goals.  Also, I signed up to read 52 books this year.  YIKES!!!  So?  What are we reading?

Personal:  I read a book from one of my favorite authors.  Fannie Flagg.

I really enjoyed this book.  I didn't realize it was about adoption, but it was.  I had my own reunion with my own birth parents not so long ago and it was tough and sad and awkward.  (but it had its good points, and I am at least still on talking terms with my bio dad).  This little surprise adoption story let me work through some of my own demons and see things from outside the pain of adoption/reunion.  


I purchased this book so I could find a way to "get" my hubby to take the spiritual lead in our home, but I learned much more about how I should act, what is expected of me, and how I can improve myself and support my hubby.  Its a great motivator.  


Traveling Light is also a wonderful book that has me using my pen on almost every page.  Normally, I just read a book and hope I remember what page I read anything worthwhile.  But, with this book, I am underlining, highlighting and adding some comments and ideas.  Also, great motivator to improve myself.


I am also reading a fluff book about Zombies, the second book in the Hunger Games (again), plus a couple of books I started but haven't gone back to just yet.

Oh, and of course the scriptures.

Family:  Besides scripture study we are reading Mary Poppins and will be starting The Tempest, Pagoo, a fairy tale book and a biography..leaning toward one about Ben Franklin.

For little one:  I am just trying to read as many good books as I can.  Eric Carle, and Margaret Wise and even some audio books.

That is what we are reading as of today.  I love reading and downloaded lots of free ebooks on my Kindle app just waiting for me.  :D  Most of them classics.

What are you reading?


No comments:

Post a Comment